Tuesday 9 February 2010


This is the gable end of the terrace in Regent Street, Exeter and is the outer wall of the property that my parents bought in around 1960. It was taken a few years later when they realised that it needed a complete rebuild. Henry was the builder, or it may have been his brother - either way the brother was a terrific worker and did all the work whilst the one who took the job was fairly useless and often making excuses for why it wasn't progressing as it should. As far as I recall no one other than me ever really used that passageway though it had access to several properties on the other side from our garden..it came to be seen by me as part of my tiny psycho geographic territory - a little piece of the world over which I had dominion.

No comments:

Post a Comment