Thursday 11 February 2010

My classroom at Queensbridge high school in Moseley, Birmingham in the mid 1970's I guess. I never thought I'd be a teacher and never really wanted to be one either. But having left art school and struggling along it was, in those days, an easy option. At this point I hadn't even taken the Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) so I pretty much made it up as I went along. I don't think I was a terrific teacher of art but neither was I a bad one! Queensbridge was a great school with good committed staff and smashing kids and I was given opportunities to join in the theatre production (designing the poster and programme and helping with the sets) and other activities but I never saw it as much more than a stop gap whilst I sought other ways of getting by.

No comments:

Post a Comment